An Introduction to Dosing With Megace ES
There is one standard recommended dosage of Megace®
ES (megestrol ES
). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Megace ES Dosage?
The usual recommended Megace ES
dosage for improving appetite is 625 mg per day, which is equal to 5 mL or 1 teaspoonful a day. It is important to note that the dosing for Megace ES is different than the dosing for regular Megace (see Megace Dosage)
. Therefore, make sure you know which particular Megace product you are taking. Regular Megace comes in a 40 mg per mL liquid, while Megace ES comes in a 125 mg per mL liquid.
General Information on Taking Megace ES
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Megace ES include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a liquid. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- Megace ES can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Shake the container well before using to make sure the medicine is thoroughly mixed.
- Try to take your Megace ES dose at about the same time every day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Do not use a standard household spoon to measure your dose. Instead, use an accurately marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. Your pharmacist can give you an appropriate measuring device if you need one.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Megace ES dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.