Side Effects of Megace ESJust like any medicine, Megace ES can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the more common Megace ES side effects include but are not limited to:
- An inability to get or keep an erection, also known as erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence
(Click Megace ES Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsMegace ES may react with a few other medicines (see Megace ES Drug Interactions for more information).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Problems with your adrenal glands, such as Cushing's syndrome, Addison's disease, or an adrenal gland tumor
- A history of a blood clot
- A history of a stroke
- Plans to have surgery
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Megace ES and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Megace ES and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Megace ES Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)