Side Effects of Zovirax OintmentAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with this ointment. However, not everyone who uses it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Zovirax ointment include, but are not limited to:
- Mild pain, including temporary burning or stinging
- Swelling where the medication was applied.
(Click Zovirax Ointment Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsCurrently, there are no known drug interactions with Zovirax ointment (see Zovirax Ointment Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Using Zovirax Ointment?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this product if you:
- Have any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zovirax Ointment and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Zovirax Ointment and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Zovirax Ointment Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)